Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gurren Lagann Slip-ons!



And here they are, my latest pair!  An awesome set of slip ons from Faded Glory featuring Yoko and Nia from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, the anime that goes beyond the impossible and kicks reason to the curb!  These bad boys will be on sale at NDK, in a cool Men's size 10.

I always loved this anime.  To make a story short, Gurren Lagann revolves around the journey of Simon, an orphaned child and Kamia his self declared big brother.  Both live in an underground village, but Kamina decides to bust to the surface and show everyone that there's such a thing.  It's very optimistic and hopeful and coming from Studio Gainax, There's great animation quality coming out from them.  This show also feels very complete - from start to finish, there's this sense of wholeness like everything that the show throws at you belongs.  And it's really inspiring.  You really have to watch this to see the journeys that all the characters go through.

Pictured on the shoes here are Yoko, the big guns hunter from the surface...

 
... and Nia, a charming little girl from that strange box. 


They're both awesome characters and just as famous as the main male character duo.

These were really fun shoes once I got into it.  The hardest thing was trying to figure out how to put the images on.  Once that was out of the way, these were really fun to do.  Especially Nia's hair - her cloud hair of yellow and blue is just an awesome combo.

I'm hoping you guys enjoy all my work so far!  I'm hoping to get as many shoes done as possible in as many different areas as I can!  Thanks for reading and I'll see you on my next pair!

Di

No comments:

Post a Comment